Zamalek, Cairo, Egypt
Mobile: 010-100 UWIN
From 1980 to Date in the Computer Field. Held several technical functions with
NCR until 1995, from Support to Presale Business related demos for Top Executive
Customers. Was a main participant in the launch of several Software products including
UNIX, Arabic Informix, 4gl Tools and a new way of computing or client/server suite
of tools called COOPERATION. Was also a main participant in the creation and was
the Editor of a monthly newsletter called 'IntouchToo' for NCR Egypt local market. From 1996 worked as a freelance computer consultant; Giving Unix Courses to NCR customers
based in the Middle East Gulf Area.
2000 to Date, a Free Lance Internet Consultant / Websites Designer and Hosting Services Provider.
• Free Lance Internet Consultant and Websites Designer. Also reseller of
internet hosting services
• Free Lance Instructor for NCR UNIX based customers in NCR Gulf area.
• Alliance Marketing Manager, NCR Egypt.
• System Architect/Cooperation specialist (A client/server suite of software),
• UNIX Systems Consultant and UNIX Systems Support, NCR Egypt.
B.Sc. in Physics-Math from the American University in Cairo (AUC). High
School - Mere de Dieu - Cairo.
Language Skills: Native Language: Arabic. Fluent English and French.
Formal Computer Education:
Courses taken at NCR/AT&T (abroad and locally) : Misc. courses in Operating
Systems, Languages, Communications, Data Base systems and DB design, System
Analysis and Design, Teaching and Presentation Skills.
Range of Experience / Functions:
Internet Consultation & Web Sites Design: ( inEgypt.org )
Free lance web consultant for small online businesses. Designing Dynamic websites including
all activities from information architecture to following traffic and statistics, specializing in content driven websites, using 'Joomla!' the popular Content Management System / Portal. Check Website and Portfolio
Free Lance Teaching:
Giving all the UNIX based series of courses, for administrators, programmers,
application developer or support for NCR Customers in the Gulf Region and Africa.
Pre-Sale activities :
Seminars, Presentations, Demonstrations, Consultation and benchmarks, Sales
Business Analysis for tailored demos to high level executives (decision Support
Newsletters issued: 'Pharaohs Volume' for regional NCR internal use, and 'IntouchToo'
a customer monthly newsletter which had over 800 copies distributed monthly,
to the Egyptian Market.
Consisting of marketing activities based on strong technical background with
the purpose of forming and maintaining alliances with other software entities.
Post Sale support: to NCR UNIX based customers, NCR Field Engineers,
NCR application specialist and Software Houses working with NCR.
Includes tailoring courses for local use, teaching classes and training support
personnel, Pre Sale education courses
Arabization Activities & Integration activities:
Arabizing Applications, integrating Arabic in 3rd party base software.
Systems and database design:
Mainly in Presale conditions
Products and Systems Used:
Above activities/experience is based mostly on basic system software, which
includes: Operating Systems, Databases, Client/Server applications including
underlying network., and UNIX/MsWindows productivity tools and Business decision
- Other NCR country support while at the Regional Support Center included
a lot of travel for both learning and teaching
- Participating in different computer exhibitions as a demonstrator and presenter
- Arabization of NCR corporate application Packages , and building Arabic
application on different platforms for demo purposes
- Participation in Arabization of 1st NCR PC (DMV) in the U.S .A
- Member of Arabic Task Group for NCR Middle East Area
- Teaching Experience: To customer and NCR support Personnel
Language, Unix O.S, Unix System Admin, Unix Tuning , Advanced C, Relational
Data Base design, Informix Data Base, Uucp.
- Seminars to Customer and NCR staff including the following subject: New
way of Computing, COOPERATION, Informix Data base and 4GL tools, Unix , Security,
- Was a pioneer in Unix support for our -very successful - NCR Towers in the
Local market, by introducing it to NCR customers and a big number of local
software houses that were implementing solution on NCR Towers.
- Performed Post Sale support for Unix Towers to a large number of customer
sites, started with Tower first installation and continued support for over
80 customer tower sites. Support included : installing, tuning, tailoring
for Arabic environment, coaching customers and follow up whether by phone
- Was an active participant in introducing one of the first arabized 4gl tools
(Informix 4GL) and environment in Egypt, activities consisted of Seminars
to customer, consultants, exhibitions, and was followed by support of the
- Participated in Data Base design and writing data base applications in pre
sale environment such as demo applications and in post sale such as customer
- Trained and coached other NCR staff for Unix and Data Base support
- Planned and implemented the organizational transition of support from our
SSD department to Field Engineering Department (FED)
- Was an active member in the planning and implementation phases of our product
support center implementation included active participation in setting up
our network of different machines, operating systems and communication protocols
- Performed mainly pre sale activities for the introduction of client/server
environment proprietary to NCR called Cooperation, which is based on standard
operating systems (Unix and Dos), networks (LAN Manager), databases and Windows
based misc. productivity tools
- Alliance Marketing, consisting of marketing activities based on strong technical
background with the purpose of forming and maintaining alliances with other
- Free Lance Instructor for NCR Unix based Customer in the Gulf and Africa
- Internet Consultant and Websites Designer. Specializing in CMS (content management system) based websites, in particular Joomla! CMS.
This CV is posted online at: http://inegypt.org/cv.html - All Internet Websites related activities will be found on inEgypt.org Website
- Free Lance Internet Consultant and web designer from 2000 to Date
- Freelance Computer Consultant/Teacher/Lecturer and Technical Writer from
1996 to Date
- Free Lance Instructor for NCR Gulf Unix based Customers 1996 , 1997
- Joined NCR (AT&T GIS) 1983 - 1995
- Joined NCR Regional Support Center from Oct. 1979 to 1983
- Before starting in the EDP field worked as a ground hostess in Airline industry
(Alia) and in the logistics department of an Oil Company (Mobil Exploration)
- Training for a couple of months in an IBM environment in Al Ahram Microfiche
dept. , after graduation